I’ve been brewing beer for a few years now. I’m usually looking for new twists to try brewing. The last beer I brewed was my first lager. It came out ok, but had a few slight off flavors. This weekend, I started my first gluten-free beer. The fermentables were:
- 6 lbs Sorghum liquid extract
- 1 lb Honey (from bees in my yard, so cool)
- 6 oz Belgium Candi (dark)
I boiled it for 60 minutes with hops thrown in at:
- 0.5 oz Chinook (11.9%) @ 45 minutes
- 1 oz Cascade (3.5%) @ 15 minutes
Also, a bit of Irish Moss thrown in near the end. I pitched last night and the yeast are starting to go, but it’s still a little slow. It should be ready by the end of the month. Looking forward to tasting it then.